Top Real Estate Agent Advice When Selling Your Home
Selling your home quickly at market value requires that all paperwork is complete, all debts are paid, and everything surplus on the property is removed.
I asked my friends at Christian House Buyers to sell my house now in any condition and with debts. However, if you want to do it yourself, you should be prepared for difficulties.
The specifics of selling your house
Get your paperwork together and make sure the house and lot look marketable before you sell. A buyer will be impressed by a clean lot with neatly cut grass.
The house, if possible, refreshes the cosmetic repairs and removes unnecessary items. The peculiarity of a sale in a house under construction is that there is no need to collect and check many documents. Since there is no property yet and only claims to the house, they are transferred.
Step-by-step instructions for the deal:
- Assess the object. As a basis for the current price level of the developer.
- Write an ad. If the sale of the developer continues, you can apply to him, and the process will go faster. But you will get less profit.
- Invite to the viewing of housing if it is already completed. Showing is arranged in homes without finishing.
- Introduce the buyer and the proof of payment. If the property was purchased with a mortgage, add the bank’s consent to the assignment of rights.
- Notify the developer of your intention to transfer the rights to the property.
- Agree on the method of payment and sign the agreement when transferring the money to the bank.
- Receive the money.
The cost of real estate
You can order the assessment of the property from multiple agents at the same time, but you need to keep in mind that you will be persistently selling their services. In addition, the prices quoted by the agency may be inflated.
How to make a home appraisal:
- Choose several real estate listing sites.
- Make a sampling of homes similar to yours. The more properties you find, the better (10-15 will give you an idea of the price). Use the last two or three months. Check the price by phone if it is not listed in the ad.
- Calculate the arithmetic average price per square meter.
- Analyze the benefits of your offer. For example, windows overlooking the park or lake, high ceilings, and a convenient layout add 5-10% to the cost.
- Also, assess the disadvantages. Noisy roads or remoteness from traffic will reduce the demand for your proposal.
- Consider the decline or rise of the market. In the first case, the buyer is likely to prefer to haggle or call the ad for a cheaper offer.
When you get the price range, adjust your goals. It’s common for owners to wonder if they can sell their home without a realtor quickly. There is such a possibility. Of course, the agency may already have several potential clients, but in the end, it all depends on the characteristics of the property and your requests.
If a buyer needs to be found urgently – you will have to make a discount to attract attention to your ad or agree to bargain during the negotiations. Proper advertising, proper negotiations with the interested parties, and timely collection of documents will also help to sell faster. First, let’s talk about the latter.
Are you going to buy or sell a house but not sure if you can recognize fraud schemes on your own? For absolutely any transaction, it is recommended to use the help of a real estate lawyer. This step will prevent home fraud and save you from lengthy court proceedings and substantial material expenses.
In this case, it is better to trust Christian House Buyers. Specialists of the company have professional tools to accompany all the stages of implementation of the contract and make them safe for the principal. Please note: that the initial consultation with a real estate lawyer is free of charge.