If you are going to be living in your van, you need to make sure you regulate your body temperature to avoid any health conditions. Let’s see one of the best ways you can stay safe and healthy all year round!
Why do you need to install rooftop air conditioners for your van?
If you are going to be using your van for extended periods – whether it be for a summer vacation or you are now living a nomadic lifestyle out of your van – then you need to make sure that you install rooftop air conditioners. Not only are these essential for the air quality inside of your van, but they can help you avoid any potential health complications that can arise from the lack of proper oxygen, air, and airflow within your living space.
Air conditioners are essential for van life, as they help provide fresh air to your van. Without these, you would not be breathing fresh air while you are sleeping at night. For those who are going to be sleeping in their van, during the hot summer months and the cold winter months, you need to install a rooftop air conditioner so you can use both a cooling and heating situation to adapt to the changing temperatures.
Since the temperature can greatly vary while you’re living in your van – from around 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer or around -32 degrees in the wintertime – you need something that can be flexible and versatile with different weather conditions. Although you can move inside fans around to help create better airflow, rooftop air conditioners are the way to go.
Along with using rooftop air conditioners for your van, here are a few things to keep in mind if you constantly use your van during the summer months and summer nights:
- Try to park your van in the shade at night time so your van doesn’t overheat. The same goes for during the day – if you are good at hiking or outside, park in a shaded spot so the inside of your van doesn’t overheat while it is turned off.
- Insulate the campervan to keep out the hot air and keep the cold air inside during the wintertime. This way, you can regulate the temperature.
- Using rooftop air conditioners is the best way that you can keep your van cool in the summer and hot in the winter without using excess electricity inside AC fans.
- Try and spend only a little bit of time during the day in the van.
- Check on the RV Ac unit in your van – you want to make sure that you have an indoor AC unit just in case the rooftop air continues to not be able to provide enough airflow. If you are only using one power source, make sure you do not overwork the outlet and cause the power to blow out.
- The rooftop air conditioners will be very durable and long-lasting. Make sure that you purchase a high-quality option so you can rest assured it will last multiple years and not give out on you during important moments. Keep in mind that most rooftop air conditioners have replacement parts and can be easily repaired if something does happen to them.
- There are several brands and types of rooftop air conditioners that you can choose from, so make sure you do the research beforehand to choose a high-quality and effective option that does a good job of circulating air throughout the entirety of your van’s interior.
- You might be wondering – are the rooftop air conditioners quiet? If you are a light sleeper, don’t worry – the rooftop air conditioners are not that noisy. Plus, they will not be noisier than if you are living at a campsite with other people around! After a few nights of listening to the airflow, you will get used to the low humming noise that will slowly lull you to sleep.
If you’re going to be living in your van during the hot summer nights and the cold winter months, then you need to look into using rooftop air connections to provide airflow. Not only are they good for your health, but they will keep you cool during heat waves and keep you warm while you are in the mountains in the wintertime!